Tuesday 8 March 2011

"Brutal Hearts" The Romantics

So, over my February break a few weeks ago I watched the movie "The Romantics" staring Katie Holmes, Josh Duhamel and Anna Paquin along with an entire supporting cast of notable actors.

Synopsis (from official movie site)

"The Romantics" a generational 'dramedy' about friendship, rivalry and loyalty. Alliances are tested when seven college pals reunite to watch two of their own say "I do" at a seaside wedding. But the maid of honor (Holmes) and the groom (Duhamel) share a passionate history, and the bride (Paquin) isn't the only one whose wondering if it's all in the past. Based on the acclaimed novel by Galt Niederhoffer, The Romantics proves that nothing complicates friendship like love.

I loved the movie, although it didn't do well in theaters. (I'm actually not even sure it came out in wide release) I'd seen the trailer for the film almost a year before it was released on video on February 8th, 2011 and knew I'd enjoy it. When I get shivers watching a movie trailer I know I'll love the film!

Aside from a great, if not somewhat predictable storyline, what struck me about the film was the notable realness of the chaotic setting. The heartache, heartbreak, uncertainty and stupidity/hilarity of each character comes together in this movie, which takes place over one fateful night, to create a memorable story about friendship and the risks we're afraid to take.

Watch it if you enjoy star-crossed lovers, an engaging and dialogue driven script or indie type movies that don't have the gloss and polish of a Hollywood film, but have unique and perceptive insight into the reality of relationships.

Anyway, another thing I loved about the movie was the soundtrack, and although it's really hard to get the songs online, I bought one in particular off itunes because I loved it instantly.


 I've been listening to Brutal Hearts by Bedouin Soundclash ft. Coeur de Pirate on repeat for two weeks! Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment