Friday 11 March 2011

Tea for Two...or Three or Four?

Strange how a teapot can represent at the same time 
the comforts of solitude 
and the pleasures of company.
                                        - anonymous


I am an avid tea drinker...to the point where my friends poke fun at me for drinking a cup (in my favourite mug) at the same time each day. Once when I wake up in the morning and then around 4 (tea time people) to wind down from the busy day. 

I've grown up on tea, and can distinctly remember my parents, grandparents aunts and uncles all constantly warming the tea pots whenever guests were over of when ever the family was all together. It was something of a ritual and I always savoured the time after dinner when dessert would be pulled from the fridge and the kettle put on to boil. Since my childhood I've always carried fond memories of tea times spent in one family members house or another and have carried on my own little tradition now that I have my own place. 

There really is nothing better than crawling into bed with a great book and a steamy cup of tea

So here's to tea time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment