Wednesday 25 May 2011

Waiting on Wednesday {7}

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This weeks much anticipated book release is:
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Hardcover, 464 pages
Expected publication: September 27th 2011 by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing

From Goodreads
Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
It can. She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.
There is.
She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.
She's wrong.

There is so much hype about the cover alone for this debut book. I'm craving it. Even the sparse plot description is enough to get you intrigued, possibly hooked and you want to know so much more! I absolutely love this cover and I've never been a cover craze kind of person. I couldn't care less, but my friend who abolustely adores a good cover has gotten me to appreciate them a bit more and I have to say, this may be one of the most beautiful, haunting and interesting covers I've seen for a YA book in a while. I hope it lives up to the mystique when it's in my hands :)

What are you waiting on?

2 comments:

  1. Who is this book cover lover friend you mention =P?
    I can't wait for this either =) as you said, "haunting" is the perfect word!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds good!

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete