Tuesday 16 August 2011

The Restorer - Adapted for TV

So I had a **squeeee** moment when I found out through Amanda Steven's Tweets that her awesomely creepy and deliciously suspensful first novel in the Graveyard Queen series, The Restorer was optioned for TV by ABC. There isn't much word yet about who will play the fabulous heroine and graveyard restorer with the added bonus of being able to see ghosts - one Ms. Amelia Gray, nor is there any word on who will step into the shoes of uber sexy and edgy police detective John Devlin - this I'm eager to know! But what is certain at this point is that the writers of both Off the Map and Pushing Daisies, Aaron Harberts and Gretchen Berg will reuinte to pen the TV adaptation of Steven's wonderful book.

I absolutely loved this book and seriously am dying to get my hands on the next two books in the series. I am especially excited to see where the author will take Amelia and Devlin's seemingly doomed relationship and consequently how this story will be turned into a tale suitable for a few seasons (or more) of good supernatural suspense television. Stay tooned for more details as I learn more :0 meanwhile, read the book why don't cha?!

Check out this link to the author's blog to read about how the news hit her: ABC Blog Post

2 comments:

  1. Oooh! That is exciting! I had this book on hold for myself at the library but I missed it while I was away up north :( Back onto the waiting list I go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never broken them.until now Amelia Gray is a cemetery restorer. She also sees ghosts. Since she discovered her ability when she was nine, she's never broken her father's rules. The rules have kept her safe. But when the body of a murdered young woman is found in the graveyard she's restoring, the dangerously attractive Detective John Devlin comes looking for her for help.

    ReplyDelete