Friday 24 June 2011

The Perks of Being a Wallflower {Movie}


Although I haven't read this debut book by Stephen Chbosky yet, I know that for a lot of people The Perks of Being a Wallflower is one beloved novel. It follows the ups and downs of a teenager named Charlie.

While's he's not the biggest geek in the school, he is by no means popular. He's a wallflower--shy and introspective, and intelligent beyond his years, if not very savvy in the social arts. We learn about Charlie through the letters he writes to someone of undisclosed name, age and gender; a stylistic technique that adds to the heart-wrenching earnestness saturating this teen's story. Charlie encounters the same struggles many face in high school--how to make friends, the intensity of a crush, family tensions, a first relationship, exploring sexuality, experimenting with drugs--but he must also deal with the devastating fact of his best friend's recent suicide. - from goodreads.

Notable Cast and Characters:

Emma Watson: Sam
Logan Lerman: Charlie
Paul Rudd: Bill
Nina Dobrev: Candace
Kate Walsh: Mother

There aren't many details about this movie yet as it is still in production and slated for release in 2012.
I may have to pick it up though. I love seeing movie adaptations of books but I have to read the book first otherwise once I've seen the movie I'll never pick it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment