Sunday 2 October 2011

Oh for the Love of Books {24}


This is my first Sunday post after several weeks and I'm excited because although all the books listed below are classics, I had a fantastic time tracking them down in old bookshops around Dublin.

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde 
Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald

 North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell

This is my favourite classic, I absolutely adore the characters, the wit of the story and Gaskell herself who was a female author writing well beyond her time. I was determined to find a copy of this book simply because I had to leave mine at home when I moved, but it is my mission to leave Ireland with a spectacular edition, whether that means a classic edition I don't know but it will be the book I treat myself to before I leave. In the mean time I purchased a cheap copy to read at home.
 

1 comment:

  1. I love classics...and I love old book stores! :) They all sound really good! I've read Dorian Gray twice...so thrilling!

    ReplyDelete